Precautions During Adverse Weather
The following actions must be taken during adverse weather or monsoon conditions to make safer airport operations.
- Secure the aircraft properly as per recommendations given by the aircraft manufacturer.
- Apply chokes on both sides of the wheel of the aircraft.
- General aviation aircraft or small aircraft should moor with mooring stones.
- Avoid going near turboprop aircraft until it stops and propeller blades are secured by lacing.
- Engage Jack Plates and Chokes for making equipment stabilized on the apron.
- Look out for unsecured/unattended equipment on apron, if any. Retrieve and secure them to their designated areas.
- Vehicles should be parked with hand breaks-ON.
- Step Ladders be parked safely.
- Bridge Mounted Equipment to be rolled back immediately after their disconnection from the aircraft.
- Cargo Pallets should be fastened to dollies or stacked through lacing.
- ULDs should be fastened to racks or dollies and secured.
- Avoid driving or walking in Apron during strong surface winds.
- Discontinue Passenger boarding or disembarking by step ladders during strong surface winds.
- All garbage bins should be tied to hooks with the help of chains.
- In case of any breakdowns in movement area, inform operations Duty Manager or Apron Control of concern Airport.