This red light, and the associated ECAM warning, come on when the system detects smoke in the indicated cargo compartment. This light comes on, if:
- Both channels detect smoke, or
- One channel detects smoke and the other channel is faulty.
Tests the operation of the cargo smoke detection system.
When pressed for at least 3 s, and until released:
- Tests the smoke detectors in sequence
- Turns on the red SMOKE lights twice, and displays the ECAM warning
- Closes the isolation valves of the cargo ventilation system (if installed)
- The DISCH lights come on in amber.
AGENT DISCH pb
- AGENT 1 DISCH : When pressed the corresponding squib ignites, discharging the extinguishing AGENT 1 in the respective cargo compartment (FWD or AFT).
- AGENT 2 DISCH : When pressed the corresponding squib ignites, discharging the extinguishing AGENT 2 to the cargo compartment to which the AGENT 1 was previously discharged (FWD or AFT).
Within 60 s after pressing the discharge pushbutton, the amber DISCH light comes on when the associated bottle is fully discharged.