The FLAPS lever selects simultaneous operation of the slats and flaps.
The five lever positions correspond to the following surface positions:
|1||18°||0° / 10°||1 / 1+F||HOLD / TAKE OFF|
|2||22°||15°||2||TAKE OFF / APPR|
|3||22°||20°||3||TAKE OFF / LDG / APPR|
Before selecting any position, the flight crew must pull the lever out of the detent. Balks at positions 1 and 3 prevent the flight crew from calling for excessive flap/slat travel with a single action.
Note: The flight crew cannot select an intermediate lever position.
TAKEOFF IN CONFIG 1
- 1 + F (18°/10°) is selected. If the flight crew does not select configuration 0 after takeoff, the flaps retract automatically at 210 kt.
TAKEOFF OR GO-AROUND IN CONFIG 2 OR 3
- If the flight crew selects configuration 1, the flight crew gets 1 + F (18°/10°) if airspeed is under 210 kt.
- If the flight crew does not select configuration 0 after takeoff, the flaps retract automatically at 210 kt.
CONFIG 0 TO CONFIG 1 IN FLIGHT
- Configuration 1 (18°/0°) is selected.
- Note: After flap retraction, configuration 1 + F is no longer available until the airspeed is 100 kt or less, unless configuration 2, 3, or FULL has been selected previously.